We employ only the most qualified contractors, landscapers and safety managers. The precise level of landscaping and maintenance work and the frequency of visits depends upon what has been agreed between the developer and the local planning authority when they agree the planning consent conditions.
We monitor all work undertaken within each development closely: reports are received from our landscapers and maintenance teams, while members of our Lands Team regularly visit each development to carry out inspections and review any possible concerns or future remedial works.
In general and where required, three categories of work are undertaken on each development:
Our teams undertake a range of regular works intended to keep developments looking their best all year round, including;
- Grass cutting (amenity, meadow and long grass)
- Shrub pruning
- Maintaining young shrub beds to ensure their establishment
- Litter collection
- Silvicultural woodland maintenance
- Reduction of grass competition within young tree plantings to ensure successful woodland establishment.
In addition to regularly scheduled maintenance visits, our teams may have to undertake one-off additional works where necessary, such as;
- Removal of fly-tipping
- Repairs to fencing
- Replacement of dead shrubs where appropriate
- Repairs required as a result of vandalism to structures, including play areas
- Safety works on mature trees.
Please note that, as non-routine maintenance is not part of the scheduled maintenance diet, the cost of these works may be added to the Annual Maintenance Charge.
Health and Safety
Greenbelt is dedicated to keeping the areas that we’re responsible for safe and tidy, which includes;
- Quarterly and annual play area inspection by independent an health and safety inspector
- Repairs to play area equipment undertaken by specialist safety firms
- Regular removal of litter and emptying of litter bins
- Safety inspections on mature trees
- Reports from maintenance teams to our Lands Team regarding vandalism and other health and safety concerns
- Maintained insurance cover to cover public liability and woodland damage through fire.